Freight Forwarding – Customs Services
Wainwright Bros act as customs agents to clients importing and exporting cargo in and out of the United Kingdom from outside the European Union in accordance with UK laws and EC Regulations.
The main Government Department charged with controlling imports and exports is the Revenue and Customs who have the ability to impose various penalties on importers / exporters which fail to comply with such legislation, and even have the ability to permanently seize goods.
Clients seeking to import cargo, taken to mean bringing goods into the United Kingdom from outside the European Community, are required to make an import declaration to HM Revenue & Customs. Such declaration can be provided by Wainwright Bros whereby a Trader’s Unique Reference Number (TURN) is used to allow importers to obtain customs clearance via the National Revenue & Customs database, named CHIEF (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight). We can also advise clients on the amount of import duty and VAT owed to Revenue and Customs, and can provide details of any import licenses related to the shipment of client’s cargo.
- We can custom clear your cargo through all UK ports.
- All commodities from all destinations
- FCL & LCL from all destinations worldwide.
- RoRo - UK agents for Hoegh Autoliners (UK) Limited and Hyundai Glovis
- Warehousing - Devanning/Unpacking of containers
- Deferment - Can pay customs duties on your behalf.
- Haulage - Can arrange delivery of FCL/LCL's to all UK destinations
For additional information please contact please contact us for further details regarding customs clearance and import/export information.